For a wide selection of 10 minute workout videos and the monthly Fitness Source Demonstration videos, just click this link 10 Minute Workout Videos
Floyd County Physical Activity Coalition
We are a group of representatives from various Floyd County businesses and organizations who share a common goal to increase the time our residents (young and old) spend exercising or being active on a daily basis.
Our Mission Statement: Increase physical activity of Floyd County residents 10 minutes at a time through education and awareness.
“Give Me 10” Campaign
Our community campaign is to encourage Floyd County businesses, churches, schools, individuals, and families to incorporate at least 10 minutes of exercise every day.
Don’t you think you can find 10 minutes, out of a 24 hour day, to be active?
10 minutes to increase your health! 10 minutes to feel better! 10 minutes for the chance to live longer!
Need Some Ideas for When to Fit It In?
- Don’t hit snooze, instead get up and “Give Me 10”
- Ask your employer if they can provide a “Give Me 10” physical activity break. (A lot of them used to provide smoke breaks)
- “Give Me 10” before you eat your lunch
- “Give Me 10” while waiting in the car line to pick up your kids or while they’re at their practices.
- “Give Me 10” while watching your favorite TV show
- “Give Me 10” as a family activity
- “Give Me 10” before you go to bed
What Are Some Benefits of 10 minutes of Physical Activity a Day?
- Strengthen the immune system
- Burn extra calories
- Elevate your mood
- Promote healthy blood flow
- Strengthen the heart
- Help with mental acuity
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower the risk of heart disease
- Improve chances of living longer
- Help prevent osteoporosis
- Improve sleep
The Organizations Represented on the Floyd County Physical Activity Coalition:
New Albany Floyd County School System
City of New Albany Mayor’s Office
Life Span Resources
Floyd County Health Department
Floyd County YMCA
American Cancer Society
Stretch-n-Grow of Southern Indiana
New Albany Track Club
Ivy Tech Community College
New Albany Housing Authority
Floyd Memorial Hospital & Health Services
Ohio River Greenway